Diamond Window Cleaning – Gutters
Most residential homes and commercial buildings are designed to have gutters divert water away from the foundation and gutter cleaning is an essential part of home and building maintenance. Over time, gutters can fill up with leaves, dirt and other debris. Once they become clogged, they will not function properly. Rather than diverting the water away from your home, clogged gutters will actually flood, causing damaging water to seep into the eaves, and walls of your home causing rot and possibly even foundation problems. Moisture in a structure’s foundation leads to exterior cracks in the brick and mortar, which can lead to extensive structural damage of your property.
- Standing water in gutters can seep into roofing edges and cause wood rot of the underlying roofing material.
- Standing water in gutters can weigh down gutters and cause damage to the gutters and to the areas where the gutters are attached.
- Standing water in gutters can cause rusting of the gutter material.
- Water allowed to flow over clogged gutters can find it’s way onto house siding and cause eventual wood rot.
- Water allowed to flow near the foundation can cause foundation damage.
- Water allowed to flow near the perimeter of the home can cause damp, musty basements.
- Water allowed to flow near the perimeter of the home can cause insect infestation due to high moisture accumulation.